Thursday, February 16, 2012

Age


Sweater- F21 (08'?)
Cami- Express
Pants&Bracelet- JCPenny
Shoes- Debs
Necklace- Loft Outlet

So, today I feel like this outfit is a little 'young' for what I want to portray here at work. Tight pants, tight top, and the style of this sweater is decidedly young. But it is fun at least :). I think it would be better with a wide-leg trouser or just a better fitting pant.
I'm soon to hit 25, but I really care about the messages I send with my clothing. I want to be appropriate and mature in my style, but also young and fun like I should be in my mid twenties. I want to go to work looking capable and professional, and go to college and not stick out like a sore thumb/get confused with teachers. I think I have been doing OK at this, but I still have a lot of room for growth.

Do you put any thought into your outfits when it comes to being age-appropriate, or looking younger/older than you are?

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Don't tell me 25 is old. Just wait til' you reach 30 - lol. I like the tight top.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comment got lost in 'spam', I'm so sorry!!!

      Lol about my age :). I hear you- but I'm in a different phase in life than most 25 year olds, so that might be more important than actual numbers. I've been married for 6 years, just bought a home, etc etc. Not the same as most other 25 year olds around me just getting their first 'real' job, getting engaged, living in apartments with roomies, etc.

      Delete