Sunday, February 24, 2013

February Budget Recap


Overall

This Month

See this post for the budget rules. I had $125 maximum to spend this month, but my goal was to spend $62.50 or less. I had $57.75 leftover from last month, so I actually have $120.25 total to spend this month before going over my goal. I spent $69.58 total after deducting what I sold and returned. 1 Top, 3 pairs of pants came into my wardrobe and 1 cardigan, 1 skirt, and 6 tops left. See the details below!

Year Total

Spent $74.33 out of $1500 (Goal of $750 or less)
Bought 5 cardigans, 1 skirt, 3 belts, 3 tops, 3 pairs of pants, 1 dress, and 4 pieces of jewelry. Got rid of 6 skirts, 6 pairs of pants, 6 cardigans, 2 blazers, and 14 tops.

What Came In

Purchases- $113.36



I returned to work last month, and because I didn't fit into any of my pants from before I had the baby, I had to buy some trousers for work 2 sizes up. I went to Maurices and got 3 pairs of pants and a cute top last month- 15% off with my Maurices Card special/sale (have had it for many years) and a $10 off reward coupon = $113.36 total with taxes. I had until this month to pay the card without interest, and I did pay it this month.

I also purchased a blazer and a top this month, which again will show up in next month's budget as they are both from Maurices.

Gifts- $50

I am not permitted to accept gifts of money or clothes, except for certain holidays. I still have $50 from Christmas I have not spent.

What Left

Sold- $43.78



I sold the above for $63.72,but refunded a girl $11.14 and accidentally shipped an unpaid item for $5.05 (which was in Januarys budget, because I thought I had gotten payment, so -$3.75 from the budget because I didn't get paid). Total of $43.78

Returns- $0

None

Donated

None

Trashed

None

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you lady! I'm NOT the best budgeter, usually I fail in some major way but I am trying hard to stick to my guns! Paying daycare DOES add to the motivation, I must admit.

      Delete
  2. I love that middle pair of pants! I need new work pants, I seriously only have two pairs right now. Do you like the ones you got from Maurices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Express Columnist Pants for my figure (slimmer leg knee-down), but these are pretty good. I got the short length, which in store fit just perfect but after washing it shrunk in length just enough to annoy me. I actually can't wait to fit back into my regular pants, but these are good pants and are a nice quality that hold up to TONS of wear (like 99% of maurices pants). Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. You got some great pieces for going back to work. Just think of your new body as an excuse to get cute clothes :)

    ReplyDelete