Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Budget Recap


Overall

This Month

See this post for the budget rules. I had $125 maximum to spend this month, but my goal was to spend $62.50 or less. I had $50.67 leftover from last month, so I actually have $113.17 total to spend this month before going over my goal. I spent $188.04 total after deducting what I sold and returned- so I am $74.87 over my goal and $12.37 over my total budget. I will be deducting this from next months budget.  2 tops, a blazer, 2 pants, a cardigan, a bracelet, and a coat came into my wardrobe and 4 tops and 1 skirt left. See the details below!

Year Total

Spent $262.37 out of $1500 (Goal of $750 or less)
Bought 6 cardigans, 1 skirt, 3 belts, 5 tops, 5 pairs of pants, 1 blazer, 1 coat, 1 dress, and 5 pieces of jewelry. Got rid of 7 skirts, 6 pairs of pants, 6 cardigans, 2 blazers, and 18 tops.

What Came In

Purchases- $270.75 (188.04 after deducting gift & sold)


 I purchased a blazer and a top last month, which I paid for on the card this month (no interest) for $81.65. I got the bracelet for free with purchase.





I went to the mall with family and overspent wildly. I had several  coupons with me and purchased a trench and two pairs of trousers from express $158.96, a top and open cardigan from papaya $30.14.

Edited to add: I would like to talk a little about my strategy with my budget. Generally I do NOT go crazy and get just whatever (except perhaps the last two purchases I made above lol). I tend to keep in mind things I need/want and search them out. I'm currently looking into other jean options than my dark wash jeans, a fun colored or printed pair of pants, some good waist belts, and some updates to my footwear for spring. I have items in my closet I also want to replace with things that are in better condition and/or fit better.

Gifts- $50- used

I am not permitted to accept gifts of money or clothes, except for certain holidays. I still have $50 from Christmas that I just used this month

What Left

Sold- $32.71

1 skirt $17.24, 4 tops $4.24 and $3.24, $5.75, $2.24

Returns- $0

None

Donated

None

Trashed

My poor black belt (purchased January budget post) broke after only a few wears :(

10 comments:

  1. Can I ask where you got the blazer? I've been looking for a green 3/4-sleeve blazer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to respond!!!! It's from Maurices. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous trench. I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a little out of my normal comfort zone which is actually a good thing lol!

      Delete
  3. I am loving the green purchases! And the trench is so romantic with the ruffles. Great purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE that trench and the pants you bought! Looks like you had a great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- good in terms of what I got, but bad bad bad for my pocketbook!

      Delete
  5. that trench coat is devine! What a good find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I was almost sorry at first that I got it because I was afraid of the brightness, but now I am converted!

      Delete