Saturday, April 13, 2013

1st wk Wear My Closet Challenge

Monday's Outfit


Tuesday-Friday




 After wearing each of these 5 outfits, I rated everything I had on to evaluate what really is a 'keep' and what I should get rid of. I am keeping everything in every outfit but Thursday's outfit. The pants are to sell for sure, they are too large for me now and are unflattering. The cardigan and the tank are both 'OK' but nothing really special, but I am trying them again before deciding for sure.

I critiqued my outfits each day as well.

Monday I had no other shoes to wear with this top (couldn't do open-toed yet), and I was very unhappy with the dark shoes against the tan pants.

Tuesday could also have used a more fun shoe and some bracelets to punch it up.

Wednesday was a very happy outfit day. Blue is my favorite color and it makes me very happy!

Thursday was a 'average office worker' kind of day, and I didn't feel great in my outfit- better pair of pants would have helped. I really could use  a nice nude camisole with no lace/seams for layering purposes- I used a lace cami under Tuesday's top, and Friday I could have used a cami underneath for smoothing as well. I also need to buy more socks for flats, as I can't find any anymore (my washer eats them- literally, they get under the spinny thing and don't come back)!

Friday I felt great in my outfit, and I feel the picture just doesn't reflect the feel of it. I felt truest to myself and my style Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday but if I were to pick only one it would be Wednesday.

I decided I need to have the 1st tan pants above hemmed for flats and the grey leggings also need to be hemmed. I have 2 other pairs of pants and a few other things to get tailored, so I'm heading to a tailor today to get some of it done.

I'm going to do a running total to see my progress each week. I have 4 tops, 1 cami (worn under the coral top), 3 pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of pants, and 1 blazer I am keeping for sure. I have 1 top and 1 cardigan I am re-trying again, and 1 pair of pants I am letting go of. I am also trying to wear different jewelry pieces and figure out what items I can let go. I wore 2 bracelets, 5 necklaces, and 4 pairs of earrings.

3 comments:

  1. Wednesday is my favourite too. Blue and white are so crisp and fresh. I love the bright blue of the pants. On one of your earlier posts you paired the blue pants with a bright cardigan and I liked that look too. I'm not sure if you should give up on Thursday's tops yet, maybe paired with a contrasting mustard or red skirt?
    I'm doing a closet challenge too, trying to wear everything in my wardrobe at least once in the coming months. It's been fun rediscovering my things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree on Tuesday's tops, I need to re-try them with a much better bottom and re-imagine them separately from each other before I decide. I just discovered your blog yesterday and I will be reading from now on- I'm excited to see you how do with your challenge! :)

      Delete
  2. HI Meli!! glad to see you were back.
    I am always editing and thing the best way is how you are doing it. Wearing it, photographing it and then deciding so there are no regrets.

    ReplyDelete