Monday, January 20, 2014

Hidden Messages

Do you ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? I have almost daily, and yet have been struggling to continue forward and let go of my old habits. I see things that connect with what I am attempting to do every day- like little messages I've been left that tell me I am doing the right thing in pursuing minimalism. Even my fortune cookie told me yesterday: 'When having has become too much, it is the same as not enough.' I need to continue on and make this change!

I've decided (I am not totally happy about my decision, but that is why I think it is important to keep pushing forward) to NOT spend any money on purchasing new items this month, even though I begin a shopping ban in 10 days. I've decided to get my bag of stuff to the tailors and get the repairs and alterations that I need done. I tell myself that it'll be like having a bunch of new things in that I'll be able to WEAR them. Trying to focus on need over the emotion-charged act of BUYING, and following my own advice which I always intended to do but never followed through with (getting those alterations done).

I hate to stress how hard it is to change, but you know how the saying goes- no gain without pain! And this is emotionally painful for someone who literally is a spoiled child who is used to getting her own way (reasonably, but still spoiled all the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment