Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 1



Jacket: Express, November 2013
Top: Kohls, April 2011
Jeans: Thrifted- The Limited, May 2011
Pumps- Fergalicious, January 2014
Necklace- Maurices circa 2008
Earrings (can't see)- 1st Anniversary 2007 gift

Inspiration cue: Color combination you've never worn before. 
For me- coral and burgundy! The funny part is that now it seems like a no-brainer. I only ever have paired this jacket with grey and white, so silly!

Yesterday was my 1st day on the 30-day shop your closet challenge. And I've already been very tempted- I saw the skirt I've been eyeing for months has dropped to $29.99 and this is now slow torture. I'm holding on but just barely and will definitely regret it if it sells out in my size in 30 days (very likely!)... uuuggh why do I care so much about a piece of cloth!

4 comments:

  1. I love coral and burgundy together! That's one of the color combinations I discovered when I did Project 333 the first time. I'd like to do the 30 day challenge, too. Perhaps I'll take that on after Project 333 (or 233) is over as another way of challenging myself. I'm feeling pretty bored with my wardrobe now and feeling tempted to shop, but maybe I just need to be more adventurous in what I wear...

    I get how you feel about the skirt! I often feel similar temptations and it helps me not to look at the online stores. When I commit to a shopping hiatus, I do my best to avoid all sorts of temptations, but I know it's hard, especially when it's all too easy for us to just bring up a website on our computers (or tablets or phones - boy it's easy to be a shopaholic these days!). Stay strong! There will always be other skirts and all sorts of clothes for us to want. You'll have other great opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie for that reminder :) it's hard when faced with things you want and you're right: the only way to stick to my guns is to avoid temptation altogether!

    I'm looking forward to what I learn over this mini challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! Tough but chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! It's a little more 'springy' for me than I wanted but hopefully I ( and the weather) will feel more spring-like in a few weeks :-) I always associate coral with spring and summer haha!

      Delete