Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 2


Top- Express, November 2012
Cardigan- NY&Company, January 2013
Trouser- Express, November 2013
Cami-(can't see) Express est 2011.
Necklace- Claires, est July 2013
Earrings-(can't see) 1st Anniversary 2007
Shoes- Fergalicious, January 2013

Inspiration- Something you haven't worn in 6 months. That would be this coral top!

The real day 2 was a Saturday, where I only left the house to go to breakfast with my parents at the local diner/gas station. I forgot about the challenge and just wore jeans and a white sweater. Sunday-Monday I did not leave the house and only wore lounge wear. So yesterday (Tuesday) was day 2. At this rate, my 30 days will be significantly longer!

I don't love this top. Something about it isn't me or is off in some way. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's a 7.5 rather than a 10. I tend to wear it more in spring but hate that the top portion is so thin it forces me to wear a cami or show bra outline, limiting it's use value for summer. I also like it much better sans top layer but it's too cold for that! I waffle about reselling this top and remain undecided. I also had it in white, which was gifted to a coworker last spring.

So far so good on the no shopping front. I have not caved. I am trying to stay away from temptation, but those automatic e-mails are not helpful! I also keep finding myself browsing when bored- very very bad idea, but it's a habit that is so ingrained it will take some time to change! I installed the kindle app on my ipod and purchased a minimalist book (Clutterfree with Kids), which I am trying to turn to and read instead when I feel the urge to browse online shopping. So far, I am enjoying the book a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment