Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 5

White Sweater- NY&Company October 2012
White Camisole- Express circa 2012
Denim Trousers- The Limited- Thrifted May 2011 
Black Booties- Kohls? January 2012
Necklace- White House Black Market November 2012
Earrings- Maurices circa 2010
Bracelet- NY&Company, circa Spring 2012

Inspiration- An accessory you have not worn in 6 months. That would be all three accessories I have on today! The original inspiration was different, but I switched it out because I am not wearing a dress on casual Friday (the only day I can wear denim)!

I got a lot of compliments on this outfit today, though it's by far the simplest I have worn in a long time! I like that it does showcase this necklace, which is a favorite of mine.

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea for inspiration. I'm sure I can dig up a few items. Love the necklace. You should wear it more often.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm following the 30 Day Shop Your Wardrobe Challenge by Jill Chivers (http://myyearwithoutclothesshopping.com/) :) It's been great so far! I've been so out of touch with most blogs (other than minimalism blogs) that I hadn't read yours except sporadically in some time. I'm glad that you are feeling better and hope you have a much better new year!

      And I agree, I have a lot of items that don't get enough love :)

      Delete
  2. hey Meli, good to see you are back :)
    I like your simple outfit, sometimes simple is all we need!
    Oh I am going to check that Jill Chrivers wardrobe challenge, even though I already shopped this year, it's never too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena for stopping by! The wardrobe challenge is only 30 days, but can be done more than once. I'm probably tackling the 30x30 challenge as well in the near future (no shopping, only 30 items for 30 days of outfits). Shopping is inevitable over a whole year IMO (unless you have so much excess that a year-long fast would be beneficial) but I am trying hard to reduce my own and to not only stick to but come under my budget!

      Delete