Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 7



Top- White House Black Market via eBay, December 2012
Blazer- Express, November 2013
Trousers- Express, November 2012
Shoes- Fergalicious, January 2014
Bracelet- NY&Co, circa Summer 2012
Earrings (can't see)- don't remember, circa 2006

Inspiration- Black (or dark neutral) with something other than white. I decided the point of this was to do something other than the 'normal' and since I rarely wear black with white that I would do so today.  I only ever wore it with grey, and while I like it with grey I wanted to highlight the black as well and added the black blazer. Every item I am wearing just came back from the tailor and has not been worn in quite awhile (excepting the blazer, I wore it in December but rolled the sleeves because they were too long).

I realized recently that one of my issues with shopping is that I 'rewarded' myself with purchases. I've been working on my impulse to reward myself and what I use as the reward. I've been trying to simplify my crazy life and focus more on spending time with my daughter and husband. I read to her and she loves it, and I've spent more time reading for myself than I have since she was a newborn. I'm also spending much less time surfing the web looking for new things to buy (but still catch myself absent-mindedly opening those sites). I'm enjoying the change and hope to make more changes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment