Friday, February 28, 2014

February 2014 Budget

Budget-
Originally $109.09 (total $1800,$600.01 for November and the rest divided monthly)
Changed to $0 out of pocket for this month (I'm on a shopping ban).
No more than 45 items total for the year. Items must correlate with my shopping strategy.

Spent this month: $80 out of pocket, $46.71 on gift cards and $112 out of return/eBay earnings.
Totals: $80 out of pocket, $46.71 on gift cards, $112 on returns and eBay earnings.
$1720 left for the year out of pocket.
3 new items entered my closet this year so far total, including gifts. I can buy up to 42 more items this year.

Last month I made $64.71 all told on ebay. I spent $54.99 of it, then this month was hit with $12.58 in fees. I made only $32.21 this month, so I have $29.35 net earnings so far (not spent yet).

What came in:

Nothing! I was on a 30-day no spend and stuck to it! Not getting instant gratification was hard at first, but I learned that I was shopping out of frustration and negative feelings. I focused on doing other things, but really struggled along the way.

While I did not break my shopping ban, I did spend $80 on alterations to the following items I already possessed:



I got the straps shorted on the tops and dress, the sleeves shortened on the blazer, and the hems repaired on the pants. One pair of pants was a tush seam repair, which immediately stretched again after wearing it once leaving me frustrated! I've also realized I need to hem the dress about an inch or two for it to be more flattering to my figure.

What I got rid of:

I gave this necklace (bought in 2010) to a friend:

I put several items again into the sell pile! But only sold the following this month:
A cardigan, blazer, necklace, and 2 tops.

I also threw away an awful pair of socks and downgraded a camisole to lounge-wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment