Thursday, February 27, 2014

Non-shopping

I've been focusing on doing more of these things the last 30 days (I was not allowed to shop). Here's what I've been working on:

Read More: Finding time to read isn't easy with a busy 15 month old. But I did! I read 2 books and enjoyed them. And found some great bloggers who write inspiring articles about minimalism and wardrobe capsules.

Write More: I've had a fantasy-type fiction novel in process for a long time. And I've found some hours to get back into it. I love it and look forward to reading it when finished! Weird, yes, but who cares! Maybe even one day I could publish it and share it with others just out of enjoyment.

Spend more time reading to my little girl: I'm not doing it as often as I wish but have spent a lot more time reading to her. She LOVES books and I'm so happy to encourage her in the hope she'll love to read like I did.

Declutter: I've been slowly working on decluttering my home, not just my closet. It's an ongoing process and I have to concentrate on every little step forward or get frustrated. Similar to beating this shopping addiction in a way. I have a LOT to go, it's a little overwhelming and the funny thing is that my husband and I own 1/2 or even a 1/4 of what my family and friends own- I have no idea how people manage it all!

Scrapbook more: This has not been accomplished. I'm too busy working on decluttering to make more mess right now! I'm going to focus on making an area for myself before I start back in. I will have a free room soon (in April, when my husband's cousin moves out) that I plan on making an office/playroom. And a great coworker would love to come over and scrap with me, so I have some great motivation to get it done!

Color and paint with my daughter: I did color once with her this month, it's another thing I'd like to do more and haven't.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you've found some things that you enjoy doing. I find that doing other things such as reading,painting, or projects around the house helps me to shop (and look!) less. I also feel better about how I'm spending my time and I am happier in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonya! You're right- the more I do other things I enjoy, the less time I'm worrying about shopping in general! I'm going to keep focusing on doing more non-shopping activites and keep posting my progress.

      Delete