Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wardrobe Status

I've promised to post my progress a few times and finally got around to fullfling my promise! I had a few moments of pride in writing this post- not only because of where I am versus where I was, but because I could list almost everything (save 2-3 clothing items and the jewelry) from memory and only had to check my closet at the very end!

I have purged additional items this month already, so here is how my wardrobe stands right now:

Blazers and Jackets- 5
I have a classic black blazer, a dark grey shrunken blazer, and leather/faux leather jackets in dark teal, burgundy, and black. Looking in the future for a light grey and white/cream blazer or jacket.

Work Dresses- 6
I have sheath dresses in black, cobalt blue, and dusky blue, a blue cowl neck jersey dress, and two dresses in my alterations bag- a white colorblocked shift dress and a polka dot halter sundress. Looking to add a fun printed dress or bright colored dress.

Fancy Dresses- 4
I have a red lace sheath dress, a sequin mini dress, a bodycon tiered emerald dress, an an ikat printed sheath dress that's too short for work but is really nice for weddings.

Skirts- 4
I have a teal and a black and white colorblock pencil skirt, a watercolor floral and a leopard printed full/a-line skirt.

Work Trousers- 11 total

High heels length- 4
I have a dark grey pinstripe, thick wool herringbone, and black skinny/straight fit trousers and one mid-grey wider striped flare trousers.

Mid heels length- 3
Cobalt blue, black shiny, chocolate brown, and concrete colored trousers.

Flats length- 3
Light tan, mid-grey, and black trousers.

It looks like I have the same but I have not- I actually let one go. I miscounted last time because it was set aside for alterations.

Casual pants- 6 total
Black velvet leggings, grey and dark denim jeggings, dark grey bootcut jeans, dark denim skinnies, denim trousers

Tops- 17

Work- 11
White ruffle blouse, white ruffle tiered tank, white with black geometric print ruffled blouse, black and white leopard print blouse, geometric print black and white tie neck, black and white polka dot print tie neck, black ruffled blouse, black slim tiered tank, coral printed shell, cobalt flutter sleeve top, blue printed blouse, 

Work/Casual- 3
White peasant blouse, green chain print peplum, coral dolman sleeve top.

Casual- 3

Teal plaid button up, multi floral print hankerchief hem top, and grey plaid button up.

I've downgraded the following to outdoor clothing, which I don't 'count' in my wardrobe:

Navy print tank, green ruffle tank, burgundy ruffle henley tee, black oversized tee, coral ruffle tank, and denim shorts. These were added to a hoody and a pair of bootcut jeans already in this category, so 8 total if I was to count. I've never counted lounge/pajama wear and it's also low- 

Sweaters-6
Black, red surplice, blue v-neck, black flutter sleeve, white boatneck, purple cowl neck sweaters.

Camis and Tanks- 6
White, black, purple, teal lace v-neck camis, white tank, purple lace straight cami.

Cardigans- 10
Blue, teal, teal print, burgundy, red, black, black and white leopard print, purple, black and white colorblock cardigans, dusky blue open cardigan.

That's a total of 75 clothing items!!! Holy cow! And the funny thing is that I still have unworn items so far (been counting for 3 months now, attempting to wear everything at least 10 times this year). Crazy, right?

Shoes- 18 total

Flats- 4
2 purple leopard flats (1 I keep in my desk at work), 1 black, 1 tan.

Mid heel- 2
Green wedges and silver sandles

High heel- 7
Black, burgundy pumps, black cutout booties, black, white&gold sandles, black, brown gladiators.

Boots- 5
Brown, grey, black winter boots, black, brown leather boots.

Necklaces- 26

Bracelets- 10

Earrings- 21

Belts- 7

Scarves- 3
Navy and green print, paisly print lightweight scarves, and black ombre scarf winter.

Hats-1 winter hat

Coats- 3
Teal, dark grey winter coats, 1 coral lightweight trench.






2 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog through your comments on Recovering Shopaholic. I am impressed that you own 75 items, which includes a working wardrobe. That is about 38 items for a 2-season climate, or 19 items for a 4-season climate. Your wardrobe sounds very French. I like the breakdown of the items. Maybe you can anchor the running total on your blog. I will return to read your archived entries too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just did an update and I've added two items overall but I have a little more purging to do so I believe 75 items (not counting accessories) is ideal for me. Perhaps even less!

      Delete