Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May 2014 Budget

See last month's budget post here!

Budget-
Originally $1800/year, can add in gift cards and ebay sales. I added an additional $500 and an expanded item number because I start a new job in June, which is a much more professional office and I needed a few things.


No more than 35 items this year (was 45, then reduced to 15 and expanded to 35 after accepting the new job) and must fit in with my shopping questions.



Spent this month: $69.70 ebay after fees, $100 gift card for mother's day, $380.03 out of pocket
Totals: $977.45 out of pocket, $246.71 on gift cards, $288.81 on returns and eBay earnings.
$1322.55 left for the year out of pocket.

24 new items entered my closet this year so far total (I dropped one gift I received as it didn't work out for me), including gifts. I can buy or receive up to 11 more items this year.

What Came In:

Isola Low Pointy Toe Heels in Taupe, $49.99
These are the BEST heels I've ever bought. Super comfortable and gorgeous color. I'm constantly contemplating a pair in another color! 10 out of 10! I needed a heel this height because many of my pants have shrunk in length and no longer look good with my heels.

Fergalicious Replacement Flats, $29.22
These flats are a great replacement for the black flats I wore into the ground. I'll miss the others because I loved the pattern better, but these are still great and comfortable. 9.5 out of 10.
WHBM Tweed Dress, $60.80 plus $15 tailoring
This may be the best dress I've ever purchased. It's super flattering and fits wonderfully- I only had to get the shoulders taken up for a perfect fit. 10 out of 10. Will wear my first day at the new job!
WHBM Coral Bib Necklace, $28.12
This is a very pretty and lightweight necklace in a color I've been wanting for a long time. 9.5 out of 10!
WHBM Striped Knit Top, $59.28
This top is pretty fabulous. The stripe is a mid blue which is great because it goes with so many things I already own. 9.5 out of 10.


WHBM Printed Cardigan, $46.56
Gorgeous cardigan. This is really a stunner- beautifully made with exquisite detailing like crome pyramid snaps and little studs and rhinestones sewn into the pattern. This is one of those things I will probably treasure forever. 10/10.
WHBM Printed Cardigan, $41.78
Another gorgeous cardigan in all my colors. I wasn't willing to pass this one up! 9.5/10
Anne Emma Necklace, $9.80. 
I really have been wanting to refresh my necklace options. I may have made a mistake on this one based on color, I have not figured out what to wear it with yet though I really like it. Jury is out right now.
Anne Emma Necklace, $9.80
Pretty necklace that is replacing my broken rhinestone necklace. I really like this one! 9.5/10
Anne Emma Necklace, $9.80
I love the vintage feel of this one and how versatile it is. 10/10.
WHBM Printed Ruffle Cami, $22.80
This top is right up my alley with the color and print. It looks great with my blue and my teal cardigan and will look really nice under my blazers as well. 9.5/10
WHBM Chain Neck Tunic Top, $83.60
This top is gorgeous. I paid full price, something I NEVER do! I actually didn't mean to purchase this top, but there was no going back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this top. 11/10!

WHBM Skinny Jeans, $38.00
These are replacing my ripped skinny jeans. These fit PERFECT- much better than any other jean I own. 10/10.
WHBM Cobalt Perfect Form Pants, $55.58
These pants are really awesome. I love the look and fit. 10/10
WHBM Gold Motif Earrings, $19.00
These are super pretty and are very versatile. I've been needing earrings in a gold metal tone, and these are perfect. 10/10.

All in all, I'm not sure what to think. I'm happy with my purchases but I went pretty overboard when it comes to the NUMBER of things I added. I also purged a few more unworn things this month and several of these items are replacements, but I'm going to do a follow-up post to all this soon about where I'm at. I think I really failed in the sense that I didn't NEED everything I bought, and still NEED a real good non-black suit and will need a winter coat, boots, etc. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job and bonus points for flexibility! I like those nude pumps. I need a lower-heeled pair. I have a very-high pair that has been pretty comfortable for events, but my feet won't do over 3" anymore all day at the office. I like the WHBM dress, too. It's great when things work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! I really like most of the pieces you bought, but I know how you feel about bringing too much in. I am doing my best to lean back and not go crazy- once I start buying I may not be able to stop! Hopefully it all balances out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the things I bought, but I do think I went overboard. I'm composing a post about it. But thank you

      Delete