Thursday, August 14, 2014

Putting on the Brakes

This month, I didn't just dip a toe- I threw myself into the consumerist pool. I'm ashamed of myself and know I have got to put a stop to it.

I do NOT need every single item on my wishlist ticked off. I do NOT need to waste all this time and energy pursuing purchasing everything my heart desires. I should take things slowly and spend more time concentrating on my interest in minimalism and downsizing, rather than on purchasing more things. I should enjoy what I have, and get rid of what I don't enjoy. I purchased a lot of things this month already and it's time to call a time out. I won't buy anything more for the rest of the month and will work on following my values more closely going forward.

I'm recommitting to what my gut keeps telling me I need to do- focusing on my family and minimizing the clutter in my home and head.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a not-so-great month either :( hang in there! I think focusing on your current wardrobe, making the most of it & downsizing is the best focus for you to have.

    ReplyDelete