Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Project 333 Capsule List


I have (5) Jackets/Blazers, (3) Dresses, (2) Skirts, (8) Tops, (3) Sweaters, (5) Cardigans, (2) Casual Pants, and (4) Work Pants in my capsule. I have (1) open temporary open item.


What is in my Capsule Wardrobe?:
1. Burgundy jacket


2. Black blazer
3. Dark gray blazer
4. Black leather jacket
5. Oxblood leather jacket
6. White & tweed dress
7. Black belted dress
8. Cobalt zippered dress
9. Black ruffle pencil skirt
10. Leopard print a-line skirt
11. Black sleeveless tiered top
12. Leopard print hi-low blouse
13. Teal button placket blouse
14. Burgundy sleeveless blouse
15. White surplice blouse
16. Burgundy print hi-low blouse
17. Cream ruffled blouse
18. Geo-print tie-neck blouse

19. White boat-neck sweater
20. Purple cowl-neck sweater
21. Black surplice sweater

22. Black  slim trousers
23. Gray herringbone flared trousers
24. Gray pinstripe wide-leg trousers
25. Tan slim trousers
26. Denim trousers
27. Skinny jeans

28. White Cardigan
29. Purple Cardigan
30. Leopard Cardigan
31. Teal Cardigan
32. Black Cardigan
?
33. Temporary open item/wild card

What am I not counting?

Since this is my first round and it's in the fall/early winter for me (which means I layer it up), I decided to only count articles of clothing in an actual outfit.

-Under layers (camisoles, underclothing) do not count. I only have 5 camisoles anyway, and no-one really cares about my underpinnings!
-Outer layers (my 2 winter coats or 1 light trench coat, 2 pairs of winter boots, 1 winter scarf, 1 pair of gloves). These are only worn for the weather.
-Accessories (that would be bracelets, necklaces, earrings, which total 38 items to choose from).
-My daily worn items (wedding ring and my one and only purse).
-Shoes (I have 14 pairs that are not winter boots, but 3 of these are spring/summer only so 11 to choose from).
-Special occasion dresses (I have up to 4 that could work for fall/winter).

Comments:

It didn't take very long to reach this 'final' list for some reason. I sat down and took maybe an hour total. I have some things that didn't make the cut that I will miss, but all in all I feel like I have a lot to choose from here and a lot of good combinations. There is a lot of pattern and color included- just look at my color palette! I also tried to include a pretty wide variety of silhouettes- I concentrated on being authentic to myself and my style rather than on creating the most mixable/matchable/versatile minimalist wardrobe that ever existed. I crave variety, color, and pattern! I'm glad I have that one open item, so if I feel the need to I can pick one more item from my wardrobe to add to my capsule.

While I may be cheating by not including accessories/shoes and outerwear this run, I will be counting up everything I use and frequency, which I will post each week. (Spoiler alert- I've technically being doing Project 333 since Monday 9/15, since I was careful only to wear items I knew would be in my capsule). I am planning on doing weekly recap posts every Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration board! That is great. I was surprised at how easy it was to make a capsule, too. Honestly, it got a little harder as I went on, because I wanted to pull things out I hadn't worn (out of guilt or a misplaced sense of longing) and didn't want to rewear certain things (afraid I'd tire of them, or wanted to try a different color story). The pure color story approach works really well. I do find, however, WITHOUT FAIL, that there's a pair of bottoms I almost never wear and end up swapping for a plain top. Right now I have four white tees, a grey tee, and a black tee in my capsule (which is a bit over 33 items -maybe 40 between clothes and shoes?) and they are - without fail - the first things in the hamper and the first things I reach for after laundry day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca :-) I can't wait to see what I do with my capsule- both what I learn and what struggles I may have. It's early yet but so far so good!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing how the 333 Challenge works out for you!

    ReplyDelete