Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Project 333 Week 2

Number of outfits this week:
4 work outfits, 3 casual outfits

Items worn from capsule since start (see capsule here): 18 items

List was lost, need to recompile!

Other items (other than literal underclothing!): 25 items

List was lost, need to recompile!

Comments: 


I have not purchased/ordered anything since September 10th and I can feel the urge to shop waning as I go through Project 333. I have done some looking online, but the frequency is far less than it usually is. I've gone several days at a time without a glance at online retailers, which I have not been able to do in many months. I've done huge steps of progress when it comes to the 'compulsion' I have felt to shop. I also have made progress in the compulsion to purchase- nothing looks very interesting to me! I'm constantly reminded with what I already have that is not getting worn like it should, and that I have too much clothing thanks to P333. It's an interesting experience!


I also have discovered that I likely will not need nearly as many items as I thought I did. It does feel wasteful to know that I have so many clothes and yet don't need them all, though I do like pretty much everything that I have left. I don't want to purge just for purging's sake! 

As for following the rules- I need to be more mindful of what is in my capsule, and for getting my clothes back into my closet where they belong. I was ready to break the rules and wear two other items not in my capsule, when I luckily realized I had a blouse that would work for the event (soccer tournament, outdoors, 80+degrees) but I forgot it because it wasn't hanging where it should have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment