Friday, September 19, 2014

Shopping Review Jan-June

These are the purchases/additions I made from January to June and how they are working out for me so far: Please see my initial review here (items January - April). I'll do a follow up post with the items purchased July-current in early October.

Total: 25 items (January-June)


Wardrobe Workhorses: 9 items
Colorblock Purse- $69.36
This was a true need and is used daily. It was purchased in April and replaced my falling apart bag and looks nice against my clothing. The purse filled a need and is extremely functional, worth the purchase price. I do want to get another purse next year, but higher quality. I'm already at pennies per wear with this.
Geometric Tie-Neck Blouse- $40.85
This blouse is fabulous. That's all I really need to say! I've worn it 12 times so far since March and still expect to wear it often! This was truly worth purchasing.
Reversible Earrings- $21.50
These earrings have already worn their keep at 19 times worn since March. They were well worth purchasing.
Black Pumps- $46.71
These poor pumps will probably get worn into the ground prematurely. So far I've worn them 52 times since January! More than worth what they cost- pennies per wear and still going strong.

Low Pointy Toe Heels, $49.99
I bought these in May and have worn them 19 times already. Great investment and I really like these.
Chain Neck Tunic Top, $83.60
This top is gorgeous, purchased in May. I paid full price, something I NEVER do. I have worn this top 11 times already. It's now too cool for this top but I expect it to get a lot of wear next spring/summer.
Skinny Jeans, $38
I bought these jeans in May and have since practically lived in them. They've been worn 26 times already-I think that alone says enough about these! Favorite jeans, best fit, EVER!
Cobalt Ankle Pants, $55.58
I have worn these 8 times since purchasing them in May. While it's too cool to wear these now, 8 times is a pretty good number and I'm sure they'll get more wear next spring.summer.
Gold Motif Earrings, $19.00
I bought these earrings in May and have worn them 28 times already. LOVE them. Another purchase that's pennies on the dollar cost-per-wear.

Benchwarmers (worn less than 8 times) but 'home-runs': 2

Tweed Dress, - $60.80 plus $15 tailoring
This is the best dress I have ever owned! I've worn it only twice since I bought it in May. This dress will work in all four seasons but I prefer wearing dresses with tights so I expect it to get much more wear in the colder months. This dress IMO is worth much more than what I paid. I expect this dress to get worn very frequently now that I can wear tights again, instead of worrying about my super white legs that get ugly bruises often from my clumsiness.
Printed Embellished Cardigan- $46.66
I have worn this cardigan 5 times since I purchased it in May. I really adore this cardigan and forsee me wearing it for many years to come. I think this hasn't gotten a ton of wear yet because I have so many cardigans, and so few appropriate tops to pair it with.


Bench-warmers and never worn items: 6 items
Jade Faux-Leather Jacket- $37.41
This jacket fits perfect- even the sleeves are the right length. The color is great, and it works with my black clothing, something I didn't like with my almost identical burgundy jacket. It's only been worn 4 times (purchased in March). I expect to start wearing it again next January. I think the only 'problem' with this jacket is that I have two of these in this style which splits my wears a bit.
Black Leather Jacket- $357.05
This jacket is super beautiful. I imagined it an investment piece and a real 'foundation piece' for my style. It was purchased in March and has been worn 4 times. I really like this jacket but in reality I should have waited for sale, but I was afraid of missing out. I didn't need a jacket that was this expensive and I hope I learned my lesson. I've worn this jacket only 4 times, but the weather has not been right for it and I do expect it to see more wear.
Colorblock Skirt- $75.34
I bought this skirt in March and have worn it only 4 times. I love the color and bold contrast, but it's a bit snug-fitting to wear bare legged. I expect to want to wear it more often in cold weather- I prefer tights as stated above.
Printed Cardigan- $41.78
I purchased this cardigan in May and have worn this 6 times so far. It's a very pretty cardigan but it might just be too busy for me. Again, I'll try this in the spring and see if it works
Rhinestone Necklace, $9.80
I purchased this necklace in May and have worn it 6 times so far. It's really pretty but has looked 'off' in the last few outfits I have worn it with. I need to try this another couple times before deciding on it.
Coral Print Dress- $66.49, Tailoring $15
I bought this dress in June and have not worn it. Originally I expected to wear it to a wedding, which turned out to be VERY casual and I wore something else instead. I want to get a light denim jacket to wear with this and dress it down. The weather for this dress is over, and I only had about 6 weeks of the right weather so I'm holding on to this dress for next year. I really love how it looks on me.


On The Fence: 5 items
Black Ruffle Blouse- $37.99
This was a basic I really needed. It cost $37.99 and has been worn 12 times since March. The ruffle bothers me because I find it bulky and hard to pair with toppers, and none of the 12 outfits I wore with this top were really a '9' or '10'. I'll try this again next spring, and if it doesn't work out I am purging it.
Geometric Flats- $29.22
These flats are a replacement for the black flats I wore into the ground. I have worn them 12 times since May. Next time I'd rather a more subtle print though, they're harder to pair with other prints. I also need to pay attention to the fabric- this fabric is really porous and gets dirty quickly, so it looks like the print starts out black and white and fades into black and brown!
Striped Knit Top- $59.28
I bought this top in May and have worn it 8 times. It never really flattered me, much as I like the look of it. I'm strongly considering purging it but will likely wait for spring before deciding- it does look good under a jacket or cardigan, just not alone.
Printed Ruffle Cami, $22.80
I've worn this camisole 7 times since May. This camisole has a beautiful print, but again the ruffle in the front makes this top a difficult to layer it or pair with other things. I will not wear this one alone, I don't like how it looks alone and it's a bit too snug which was a mistake when I purchased it.
Mint and Rhinestone Necklace- $9.80
I bought this neat looking necklace in May, but only have worn it 3 times. I'm going to try it another time or two before deciding its fate.


Purged: 3 items (2 didn't 'count')
Aqua Bubble Necklace- Free
This necklace was a gift I accepted from a dear friend in January. It's pretty and a great color for me, and I loved how it looked. The problem- it didn't work with the neckline of anything I own! I purged this item and didn't count it.

Tiny mint earrings (similar, not exact)- Free
These came as a 'free' gift with a jewelry order in May. They were much too small to be visible in my long curly hair and were purged.

Dusky Blue V-Neck Dress- $97
This beautiful dress was purchased in January and only worn twice. I washed it on delicate, dried it on delicate, and ruined the dress completely. The entire dress shrunk a size- except the lining inside it. $97 in the trash!
Coral Bib Necklace- $28.12
This necklace was purchased in May. It's very pretty but I had trouble pairing it with my clothing. I ended up purging it after discovering in my outfit journal how much I disliked pairing it with print- and the only things it 'went' with were printed since I did not like it against white, black, or blue. This was worn 5 times.
Rhinestone Necklace, $9.80
This necklace was a silly duplicate item I bought in May. I never needed it, I just bought it because if I bought 3 things I would get a 'free' item and free shipping- the free item was the one I purged (above). I like rhinestone necklaces and thought that if one was good, then 3 was better! This got 5 wears before purging but was splitting the wears of the other rhinestone necklace listed above. This one was bigger and harder to pair with my wardrobe than the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment