Friday, October 3, 2014

September Wardrobe Wear

Since January 6th, I've been tracking what I wear. My goal is to wear everything I own (except specific formal wear) a minimum of 10x this year or purge it. Days that I don't leave my house are spent in lounge-wear, which doesn't count.

 'Green' items have been worn 10+ times so far, 'blue' are on track with 6-9 wears so far, 'yellow' items have been worn 1-5 times, and 'red' items have not been worn yet.

This is my progress so far (ending October 3rd):

Tops: I have worn 16 of the 17. 7 are in the green, 3 are blue, and 6 are in the yellow and 1 in the red. Most worn item is my cream ruffled blouse at 36x. Average Wears: 9 per item

Sweaters: All 4 have been worn. 1 is in the blue, 3 in the yellow. Average Wears: 5

Jackets/Blazers: I've worn 7 of the 8. 3 are in the blue, 4 are in the yellow, 1 is in red. My grey ruffle-back blazer has the most wears at 9x. Average Wears: 5

Cardigans: I've worn all 11. 4 are in the green, 1 is in the blue, and the rest are in the yellow. My teal cardigan has the most wear at 17x. Average Wears: 7

Camisoles and tanks: I've worn all 5, with 3 in the green, 1 in blue, and 1 in the yellow. Most worn is my white cami at 31x. Average Wears: 17

Pants: I've worn all 11. 5 are in the green,  6 are in the blue. My Rerock skinny jeans have the most wear at 37x. Average Wears: 15

Skirts: I've worn 4 of the 5. 1 is in blue and the rest are in the yellow with 1 in the red. Average Wears: 4

Dresses: So far I've worn 6 out of 11. 1 is in the blue, 5 are in the yellow, leaving 5 in the red. Average Wears: 2

Necklaces: I have worn 18 of the 20.  6 are in the green, 2 are in the blue, 9 are in yellow, and 2 are in the red. My delicate heart necklace has been worn the most at 19x. Average Wears: 7

Bracelets: I have worn all 4. 2 are in the green, 1 in blue, and 1 in yellow. My silver cuff bracelet has been worn 14x. Average Wears: 10

Earrings: I've worn all 12. 8 are in the green, 2 are in blue, and 2 are in yellow.  My gold floral earrings have been worn 32x. Average Wears: 16

Belts: I have worn all 4, all in yellow. Average Wears: 2

Scarves: all fashion scarves were purged

Coats &; Outerwear: My new trench has been worn 25 times. My tan flats have been worn for commute 105x, my new leopard flats have been worn for commute 30x. Winter wear is all the same it was.

Shoes: I've worn 14 of the 15 pairs. 7 are in the green, 2 are in blue, and 5 are in yellow leaving 1 in red. My black pumps have been worn 54x. Average Wears: 13

Purged Items: My purged items account for 381 wears, all wear opportunities lost across what I own currently.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed at how often you're wearing your clothes, Meli! I also love that you're including average wears now. My numbers are a lot lower than yours, I'm afraid. But I'm moving in the right direction and I'm happy with that. Interesting that you posted about lost wear opportunities from your purged items. I was just thinking about that myself but haven't done the math. I need to keep track of that, I think, as it would be quite enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie!! The average wears was helpful to look at since I over-wear my favorites. I'm close to where I want to be in some catagories at least! All the turnover has really affected my numbers though- it's insane. When I chose the word 'change' this year, holy crap did I instigate such a chain reaction that I'll end the year almost not the same person in many ways. It's empowering- think of all we can do in the future!!!!!!

      Delete