Wednesday, December 17, 2014

November Budget

Budget-
$2300/year, can add in gift cards and eBay sales.
No more than 45 items this year and must fit in with my shopping questions.



Spent this month: $115.99
Totals: $2382.98 out of pocket, $446.71 on gifts/gift cards, $354.62 on returns and eBay earnings.
$0 left for the year out of pocket, over budget by $82.98.

62 new items entered my closet this year so far total. I can buy or receive up to 0 more items this year. I went over the goal of 45 by 17 items!


What Came In:  2 items
WHBM Black Jacket $37.99: I ordered this jacket using my $50 rewards card I received in October. It's the same jacket I own in burgundy, which I really enjoy wearing frequently. I ordered the same size and found it was too large, so I exchanged for a smaller size which did not arrive until November. The smaller size fit perfectly and I have worn it in constant rotation since. As a policy, I don't purchase duplicates- this one is an exception because it's a great, versatile jacket and was much needed in my core color. 10/10!
Bracelet $78- This bracelet has gotten so. much. wear!! It was very very pricey, which I doubt I will ever do again. I tried out a jewelry membership and fell in love with it, bought it and cancelled my membership because I cannot afford jewelry this expensive on the regular! I never would have enrolled had I any idea how much their items cost. This bracelet is a 10/10.

What I ordered but returned: 0 items

Purged: 0  items

Sold: 0 items

Comments: 

I actually didn't do any November shopping at all. All items shown here were ordered in late October and arrived in November. I'm pretty proud of that fact! I even avoided Black Friday for the first time in years. I spent the day watching movies with my daughter and organizing, which is something I enjoy doing most days.

2 comments:

  1. I was happy to see a blog post from you in my feed reader this morning. Congrats on not shopping at all in November! That's a great accomplishment, especially given the temptations of Black Friday. I DID shop in November but haven't shopped thus far in December. I've struggled with my item limit as well (as you know), but I think that we both bought LESS than we would have bought if we didn't have any item guidelines at all. I see you as having made great progress this year, Meli. Yes, you weren't perfect with your goals, but look how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I was very well behaved in November, though in December I have purchased a few replacement pieces. I'm excited that I actually wore a couple items out- that happens so rarely for me! I feel like I am finally utilizing what I have in a way that makes sense, which is more in tune with the way things *should* be IMO!

      Delete