Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Quick Update II

I just wanted to write a quick note on how my words for 2015 are changing things for me in one way.

I chose focus and growth as my words for 2015.

I'm excited and happy about the prospects for my book. You see, it's always been a 'one day' type-thing. i started it long ago (it began in a dream, in all honesty- I wrote it down and knew I had to turn it into a book). I decided to get rid of the distractions that I could that are not adding value to my life, and am reclaiming some of that time to dedicate to write my book. It's a fantasy/science fiction book for a young adult audience, and it's going well! I finished the first chapter (~3500 words gah) and am well into the second, with great firm ideas for the third chapter and a prelouge. I have the general plot developed, but the sub-plots and characters/entwinment and personal development are currently in the development phase. I hope to have a good draft of the entire book within six months- a tall order! This is a really exciting and fullfilling experience- and while I do hope to publish, the creative process itself is exhillarating. I like to think it's much better than my blogging- which is typically 'on-the-fly-no-review-quick-hit-the-publish-button' style writing.

Currently, I am setting aside time during my lunch hour with a goal of writing at least 3x a week. I don't have a computer at home right now (need to get one asap) so it's not quite enough time (especially considering my 6-month goal) but it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on writing your book and fulfilling upon a long-held dream, Meli! I will be cheering you on the whole way. You will feel amazing when you finish your book and put it out in the world. I also wanted to write a book for years and was thrilled and proud when I finally did it. Best wishes to you with the continued journey!

    ReplyDelete