Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Stormy Weather

So, I've had some troubles in the last months. I reverted to old habits (shopping compulsively) and am struggling to find clarity. I've had other issues such as trouble controlling a sudden anger I've developed/over-reacting to some things, and trouble sleeping. The strangest thing is that it happened out of the blue! I've begun to see a therapist, and likely won't be blogging very often right now- or at least, particularly about fashion until I feel like I have some control again.

Would it be a problem for those that read if I begin to post about other hobbies I love as well? For example, I'm getting back into scrapbooking (which I overshopped for, yet again, and as of today am on a ban for purchasing anything that is not literal supplies I NEED/adhesive for example, once I run out) until I can get to a healthier place. I hope that focusing energy on working creatively with what I already have, rather than online browsing/shopping, will help me.

I'm sorry everyone for failing so terribly when things were going so well. I've got a lot of shame and anxiety about it.

3 comments:

  1. Meli, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I think that it's good that you're seeing a therapist. I saw one last year for similar reasons and it helped me a great deal. I have always thought, and still do, that compulsive shopping is a symptom of a greater problem. I know that it sucks to feel like you've failed, but I don't see it that way. "Failure" has been one of my greatest motivators. It's what has inspired me to make the most important changes in the last few years. It's actually been a blessing in disguise many times. I'd love to read about your other hobbies. Try not to be too hard on yourself and remember that there is a lot of us out there that really understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a kind and motivational comment. <3 I'm working hard to move on. It's so easy to get caught up in a cycle of 'failure'- I hope I can use it to motivate me to succeed as you have.

      Delete
  2. I too fell off the wagon recently. Oh, who am I kidding, I have always been off the wagon. It seems as though I can't go two weeks without buying myself ONE new piece of clothing. I think that most of them have been smart purchases, and I have definitely walked out of stores with nothing in hand. But considering I don't NEED anything, then I shouldn't be buying anything at all.

    One thing I've done recently was take a few pieces of clothing to the tailor for alterations. I really liked these pieces and got them on sale but just didn't fit me quite right. Still, they are quality pieces, so I thought rather than just give them away, I'd get them altered. I'm so excited to get them back this week. I'm really going to start investing in quality pieces and get them altered as needed. Except again, I don't need anything.

    Anyway, I'm a scrapper too so I'd love to see your pages!

    ReplyDelete