Tuesday, August 30, 2016

10 Pieces for 10 Days

What is it?

I’ve devised a wardrobe challenge (or a variation of one that’s surely already in existence) that I think will be fun to do. The idea is based on creating a cohesive wardrobe capsule based on what we already own.  The challenge is to take 10 pieces of clothing (that you already own) and mix and match to create 10 outfits that will be worn through 10 ‘work’ days (Monday-Friday for me). Accessories and shoes will not count, and neither does outerwear so long as it doesn’t make its way into the actual outfit I worn at work. Weekends, you’ll have free reign of your closet. Please feel free to remix this according to your life. If you don’t work outside the home, or wear uniforms at work, adjust accordingly!


Why?

I wanted to create something to pique my interest and creativity that doesn’t feel like a punishment. I love the idea of P333 or 30x30 but don’t want to do this for such a long period of time (I want to WEAR my stuff). I think this is a great way of getting real use value out of what we own and will help create new outfits we wouldn’t otherwise have discovered. For me in particular, I’m hoping mini-challenges will help keep me interested in what I already have and redirect me from accumulating even more things in my well-rounded closet. The weekends off idea I think is the key to keeping this fun and light without feeling punished.

How Often?

I'd like to commit to doing this at least a few times a year. The idea here is that each capsule is 10 workdays / two work-weeks of outfits. Each new capsule would have different pieces so I'd feel like I had a fresh/new wardrobe. My first capsule will happen mid-September, when things slow down for me. I’m actually on a trip in Germany right now (scheduled posts!) and will have a lot to share when I get back.


Would anyone like to join me? I’ll make sure I link anyone that joins if they’d like, and I think it would be quite fun to have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment